Cushing's Disease: My Symptoms
Disclaimer: I am not a Cushing's expert. This post is based off of my personal experience as a patient and I am only sharing the information that I've learned so far.
If you do a google search on Cushing's, you will find this disease has two names. Cushing's Disease and Cushing's syndrome. Cushing's syndrome is when an adrenal tumor is causing your adrenal glands to overproduce the cortisol hormone. Cushing's Disease, however, is when a pituitary tumor (or a tumor from another source) is overproducing the ACTH hormone, which then influences your adrenal glands to overproduce the cortisol hormone. In my case, I am suspected to have Cushing's Disease. The doctors will not confirm until I have the IPSS procedure that I mentioned in my last post. Essentially, Cushing's Disease/Syndrome is a result of too much cortisol in the body.
Here are my symptoms:
1. Extreme fatigue
4. Panic Attacks
6. Extreme irritability
8. Weight Gain
9. Moonface / changes to facial features
10. "Buffalo Hump"
11. Irregular / missed periods
12. Brittle / breaking hair / slight balding
13. Blurry Vision / Eye Floaters
14. Memory Loss / Cognitive Difficulties
15. Loss of Emotional Control ( <-- THIS right HERE, y'all...)
16. Easy Bruising
17. Joint Pain
18. An electric / Buzzing sensation all over my body. (Sometimes feels like I'm on fire)
19. Purple Stretch Marks (Striae)
20. Shortness of Breath
22. On & Off Muscle Weakness
23. Water Retention (hands, feet, legs are swollen)
24. Gray Hair
If you're living through or have lived through Cushing's Disease/Syndrome, what are/were your symptoms?